Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record
"""""" Measurements of CO2 at Mauna Loa Observatory reached the highest ever recorded""" IN very MODERN HISTORIC TIMES!!! (when they actually knew how tall the Mt was... unlike when Menzies, Douglas, etc. climbed it)

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
you all should know that there was times when Earth had ZERO ICE! etc.
try read...
"...In fact, the planet has three main settings: “greenhouse”, when tropical temperatures extend to the poles and there are no ice sheets at all; “icehouse”, when there is some permanent ice, although its extent varies greatly; and “snowball”, in which the planet’s entire surface is frozen over..."
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1...-on-earth/

highest ever recorded""" IN very MODERN HISTORIC TIMES!!!

When the CO2 levels were higher, millions of years ago, humans didn’t exist.
Because Homo sapiens couldn’t live on an Earth with CO2 at that intensity and the resulting climate conditions.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
You're right, Roberts is a politician. My source indicated he is a scientist. I didn't make that up. When I informed my source that Roberts is a politician, he replied, "Oh? Sort of like our climate scientists, you mean?"
So now the questions are:
1. Is Roberts' reporting false because he's a politician?
2. Do you conclude it is false because he's a politician?
Algore and AOC are politicians and do much reporting on climate change.

Algore and AOC are politicians and do much reporting on climate change.

They are politicians who discuss the findings of scientists. They are not politicians who repeat the baseless, unfounded fictions of charlatans.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I understand you. If you agree with what the politician is saying, he is discussing the findings of scientists. If you don't agree, he is repeating baseless, unfounded fictions of charlatans.

When I informed my source that Roberts is a politician, he replied, "Oh? Sort of like our climate scientists, you mean?"

And who, pray tell, is this wise source of yours that disparages those that study the climate? Who, by your quote I infer, thinks those who give their career to studying the environment are beneath their consideration. Who is this mystical source of yours?

Me, I take the amalgam of all sorts of resources, but as a baseline I think NASA itself has been exemplary in their efforts to gather and disseminate climate data in a way the greatest number of people can understand it. Wouldn’t you agree?
He's an individual in southern Mexifornia. He received the YouTube link from someone else, who probably misidentified Roberts. I don't want to disclose his true identity, because it might violate PunaWeb rules, and I don't want to subject him to the wrath of this forum.

I lost interest in NASA under the Obama Administration when its mission changed from space exploration to diversity and ensuring Mother Russia and China cruise ahead of the U.S. in spacecraft development and exploration. From The Telegraph June 6, 2019:

"Charles Bolden, a retired United States Marines Corps major-general and former astronaut, said in an interview with al-Jazeera that Nasa was not only a space exploration agency but also an 'Earth improvement agency'.
Mr Bolden said: 'When I became the Nasa administrator, he [Mr Obama] charged me with three things.'
'One, he wanted me to help reinspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering.'"

Also, see "Space policy of the Barack Obama Administration, Criticism" at Wikipedia to read what three former astronauts and the president of The Mars Society said.

Obama Administration when its mission changed from space exploration to diversity

The US was launching communications satellites (Telstar) and weather (TIROS) satellites into orbit long before astronauts reached space. NASA has always been a multi-faceted agency.

Astronauts prefer an emphasis on manned flights because that’s how they get into space. I’m not surprised astronauts criticize other NASA programs as it probably takes flight missions away from them.
"I understand you. If you agree with what the politician is saying, he is discussing the findings of scientists. If you don't agree, he is repeating baseless, unfounded fictions of charlatans."

Old croc - what Malcolm Roberts did in the video was an appeal to ignorance. Whether it was deliberate or not, I don't know, but it was obvious within a few seconds of watching the video that he is not a scientist.

I haven't crunched the numbers so don't know if he is correct in what he claims about the number of relative molecules in the atmosphere, but what he left out is their relative importance in absorbing infrared radiation - the radiation the earth's surface gives off to balance what it receives at mostly optical wavelengths.

Firstly, he compares air to CO2. Well, CO2 is part of the air, so I don't know what he's comparing. Secondly and more importantly, greenhouse gases such as CO2 and methane are extremely efficient at trapping heat in our atmosphere, they are basically infrared absorbers which prevent heat escaping from the Earth's surface. Even a small increase in either molecule's abundance in the atmosphere has an enormous effect on on the Earth's energy budget because they are so efficient in absorbing infrared radiation.

His video attempts to trivialize this by simply talking about the number of molecules and completely ignores the more important point about the relative infrared absorption strengths of gases in the atmosphere. It's a con-job.