Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions - land purchase
I was wondering the same thing on those lots over there too. seems crazy to let them go for taxes. perhaps the owner passed.
Anyone going? Usually the real estate agents snap up the good ones...
quote:
Originally posted by eigoya

I am going to buy (back) a lot for a friend

What a wonderful friend you are! [Smile]
ha! kalakoa you are not familiar with mt. view! pacific paradise mountain view manor is an older subdivision i lived in for about 35 years. it got so built up that i why i moved to the acres. if she wants unpermited i would look in glenwood gardens (orchid isle estates) or the back of aloha estates where the association ends or eden roc etc. still lots for 6000+ is the norm in the first couple eden roc a bit more for an acre.
Unfortunately I am working this morning or I would have gone. That’s good info.
Thanks for all the feedback
Very interesting. I may go next year for myself. There did appear to be many developer/builder types (albeit Puna developer builders)Someone bidding up to 18k got an ovation as I left, but I don't know which lot it was. Many were going for a couple of thousand though "as is, where is" was repeated at least five times before beginning to remind people that today was not necessarily the end. The IRS had million dollar liens on a couple of properties. A learning experience for sure.
it's gonna be tough to get land, cabin, solar, water, toilet, etc, etc, etc for less than 50K. and all that is gonna get destroyed, broken or stolen if someone is not taking good care of it. My recommendation - have them move out, and give them a $500 allowance per month, that should get you 10 years of privacy. Better yet, offer to pay for 5 years, and use the other 5 years as college tuition. Teach that person to fish, so to speak.
He’s a troubled Veteran of the Afghanistan war. Has a college degree. It’s a long story.
that's sad. so many pointless wars, using the children as pawns.

a college degree worked for me, but i'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone.

what about one of the trade programs at HCC? or just some good mentorship and support in a service or construction related job?