Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Prices Sound Off?
I am of the opinion that civil political discourse is one of the cornerstones of our democracy and I want to try to support it. Punaweb is not intended to be a forum for everyone on every topic. It is intended to be a community resource for Puna. But it will ultimately become what people make it.

I hope that Punaweb can function as a forum for Puna but it may be that off island attitudes may prevail and pollute our forum also. If and when this occurs I might turn to admonishing or even banning members who take things into a personal offensive style. And if that becomes too much of an ongoing chore I might then simply close the whole site and lament it’s passing.

As Rodney King poignantly asked: Can’t we all get along? It is a worthwhile question and the answer will all ultimately be up to each of us.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Just had a nice chat on the tele with Mella and she says that she did not write the posting from my group at the Lanai above or the ones posted in 9-11. Those were not her sentiments expressed. Maybe Rob needs to have another check for Frank as was suggested to me by Mella.

Aloha,
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
Back in the day I was a semi-founder of a chat room group called Netshopping on Talkcity. Room got silly and we had a good time.
The more people started coming in the room the more complicated things began to get. (I am removing the forum from my sites for this reason). The ole rat pack started and things turned stupid.
Interestingly enough the core group was having get togethers in Vegas at a ladies house. My friend in Kona was in Vegas and actually met many of the chat folks.
I stumbled across a site the other day showing that the core members are still keeping the spirit of the way it started alive. Many people hooked up got married and have kids.
To my point, yes these forums are what WE make of them and I gotta say I enjoy this forum and hope it doesnt get that way.
I am not defending the individual that keeps being targeted for mayhem on here but every time I see his name pop up I shudder.
This kind of thing is how it starts. Finger pointing. If someone is causing trouble here it is the MODS problem to deal with. Send him an email with your thoughts on the problem.
Not saying that to be nasty...hoping the forum stays pleasant is all.

"Puna Gnome for President"
Aloha Reg unleaded in Key West $2.89 Cocoa Moe

CocoaMoe
CocoaMoe
I am glad this subject has come up.I find it distrubing that when folks are having a discussion someone always posts that they should stop, as in comments like "why all the fighting","wheres the aloha","panties in a twist" ect...Now its no politics!
Then everyone drops the topic just when it starts to get interesting in fear of upsetting someone.
In all the time I've been on this forum I've never seen a conversation get "out of hand" funny maybe, in a saturday night live kinda way but never really mean and if I don't like a topic I just don't comment.As an adult I do not appreciate being told I should'nt comment the way I want as long as its not truely hurtful.I am going to continue to post how I feel, politics or whatever until I am not allowed and then I will probably just leave as it won't be fun anymore anyway.
Its bad enough were not allowed to talk about politics at work ect... Now on an anonmyous forum its in question.
I am a left leaning moderate and hubby is a right wing extreemist so I definitely need the like minded souls on the forum to converse with and I am sure hubby would not be upset we are talking about his man as he thinks liberals are all crazy anyway lolWink.
I know a few lerkers that won't post because folks get so upset over comments. I hope we will not be so thin skinned about others opinions especially when we don't even personally know them. I mean hey, they might actually be real punatics, right oldtimers Smile

Yep, If you come to Puna you should expect to find Punatics.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I deleted my original reply since no one seemed to get the joke.....

Paul's / Pahoa 9/26 3.259

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"

Edited by - kapohocat on 09/27/2006 15:14:03
I hate it when that happens.

quote:
I deleted my original reply since no one seemed to get the joke.....

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
2.53 Costco Hillsboro, Oregon.

Hurrah Punamom, Punagirl & loffelkoepffl!!!