Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Prices Sound Off?
Drove over to Costco in Kona to do some shopping...while there I decided to fill up the gas tank but took one look at the line of cars for $2.74 gas (the line was outside the gas area....up the driveway....and partly down the main road), and decided to pay the extra .40 cents per gallon down the street (which had no cars). Must have been about a 1 hour wait at Costco Gas station.

tonight we found gas for $2.99 at the Shell station on Kiluea in town. I never though we would ever gas under $3.00 again. I wonder how long this will last?

Royall

What goes around comes around!

I feel for you guys, I hope they start dropping faster. Why do you think they are dropping so slowly, usually Hawaii is only about 25 to 35 cents higher than here.

But shun foolish controversies...and strife and disputes...for they are unprofitable and worthless.
Titus 3:9 NAS

Aloha, Scott
Just to throw a loop into this. Lowest prices I have seen here in Vancouver, BC Canada is 96.9 Cents Canadian for a litre today. It was up to over 1.20 during the summer months. We always get these higher prices in the summer. Because of higher demand, they can stick it to us.
(3.54 liters = 1 US Gal)
(86 cents = $ 1.00 Canadian)

Leif

$2.99 in Hilo? Well Im heading off now to fill my truck!

[r]Why do you think they are dropping so slowly, usually Hawaii is only about 25 to 35 cents higher than here.[/r]

Because the gas cap sent prices thru the roof.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
$2.33 and going down here!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
oops that is Northern California $2.33.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
$3.01 at Orchidland WikiWiki
Just paid $1.98 in Decatur, a suburb of Atlanta. Yesterday, in mid-town Atlanta, it was $2.14

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa