Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart same day delivery
I used a PC to place the order so I can't comment on the app, though I did have it running during the delivery because it showed me on the map where the driver was.

Even on the PC it wasn't working well, because I would put in my zip code and the window was blank inside, but I found a workaround: First get a Walmart account. Log into it, then go into your "profile" settings and enter your delivery address. This is for the general Walmart site not necessarily for delivery. Then click on the "pickup and delivery" tab and it will automatically import your delivery address into the delivery module. When I was ready to checkout the module for selecting delivery window wasn't available, and sometimes the "express" option isn't available either. That means there aren't any door dash drivers available. Try back later.
(09-09-2020, 08:38 PM)terracore Wrote: I used a PC to place the order so I can't comment on the app, though I did have it running during the delivery because it showed me on the map where the driver was.

Even on the PC it wasn't working well, because I would put in my zip code and the window was blank inside, but I found a workaround:  First get a Walmart account.  Log into it, then go into your "profile" settings and enter your delivery address.  This is for the general Walmart site not necessarily for delivery.  Then click on the "pickup and delivery" tab and it will automatically import your delivery address into the delivery module.  When I was ready to checkout the module for selecting delivery window wasn't available, and sometimes the "express" option isn't available either.  That means there aren't any door dash drivers available.  Try back later.
Thanks for your reply.  I’ll give it a try on the PC.
Update:  I just tried all that you suggested, with no success so I contacted their help center.  They said they couldn’t find my account...(I’ve ordered several online orders from them over the past year...) so I suppose my last resort effort would be to go into the store & try to have the person at their p/u desk help me to set it up.?????
I know somebody having same problem and they called the local store. They said they know there is a problem but don't know what it is... suggested waiting a few days and trying again.

The only other thing I can think that is different in my case, is I'm using the Brave browser. I turned the ad block OFF on the Walmart site.
We used Walmart delivery for the second time today. Like the first time we got order way sooner than the 2 hours advertised.

Ordered 30 items (many items were multiples, so way more than 30 items).

Of the 30 items, 13 were out of stock, but all the items we had multiples of were in stock, so we still did get most of our order.

Of the 13 items that were out of stock, 3 items were substituted. We only clicked to allow substitutions on 5 items, so that doesn't surprise me.

The irony is that of the 30 items we ordered, only 1 item was listed as "out of stock" on the web page, but they actually had it and we got it. The other 13 items were listed as being in stock, and they were not.

One of the substituted items was a floor mop, and it is missing some of the hardware necessary to assemble it. Not sure how that is going to pan out.

Still way better than going there in person.

SO, I tried both the PC and the app and tried to start a return for the useless mop. Both of them said the order was no longer eligible for a return even though I got the delivery like an hour ago.

Just to test the waters, I clicked on my previous delivery from a few weeks ago and it was all Kool and the Gang about refunds from anything from that order.

I found a way in the PC website to get to a customer service 'chat' that was a useless automated bot, but when I typed in that I wanted to interact with a human, I was connected to one.

She processed refund for useless mop.

So I guess that kinda makes 30 separate items ordered, 14 unavailable or defective.

Still better than going to Walmart in person.
I got all excited when I read this thread. Then I got the "Delivery Not Available" message when I went to do it. Guess they don't deliver to lower HPP.

Sad

When I went to "Pickup" it had the zip code 99723 with no stores listed. When I put in 96720 nothing came up.

I called customer service and they said "I don't see any stores for Hilo Hawaii."

Dodgy
Their web site advertises Hilo delivery:

https://www.walmart.com/grocery/location...ry/hilo-hi

The problem is that their web site is "broken". In order to use the delivery service in Hawaii you have to setup a Walmart account on the 'regular' part of their web site and then go into your profile section and enter a default delivery address.

THEN, making sure you are still logged in, click the "pickup / delivery" button in the upper left side of this web page: https://www.walmart.com/grocery

Edited to add, you also need to make sure all your ad and script blockers are turned off. Your browser may be inhibiting the web site from functioning correctly.
Thanks TC. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without your advice.

I did get to the point where my address was displayed, however underneath my address in red text was the message "delivery not available"

I am still puzzled as to why I still couldn't choose the pickup at store option. Especially since I ordered and air mattress and picked it up at the store a few weeks ago.

I think it may be something to do with the fact that I was on the "grocery" part of the site rather than the "regular" Walmart site.
That's really weird. It defaulted to 99723 zip code for me too. That's the zip code for Barrow, Alaska. The most northern part of the North American continent. I've been there- I don't recall seeing a Walmart.
The plot thickens.

After our "free trial" period ended and they charged us the annual membership fee, the site stopped showing available delivery windows. At first I thought maybe they were just really busy but after 3 days, nada.

So I contacted their online chat help and they were unable to diagnose the problem.

Then I asked, don't you think its weird that it worked fine when it was free, but as soon as the free trial ended and my card was charged it no longer worked and she replied, "A lot of people are reporting that".

Then I figured, it must be a fault of their system not knowing how to handle that our particular store doesn't have scheduled delivery windows so I set up a second account, inserting the delivery address using the workaround shown above, NOT CHOOSING A FREE TRIAL, added some stuff to the cart,and voila, it worked so long as it was able to add the $7.00 delivery fee.

They cancelled and refunded the annual fee, but then it was after the cutoff time for the last delivery for today so I don't know if the original account will work on the "pay as you go" basis, or I'll have to use the new account already setup that way.

She thanked me for correctly troubleshooting their nationwide problem that none of their six-figure software engineers were able to figure out, but I'm not expecting the Hilo Walmart to raise my jersey to the ceiling anytime soon.
UPDATE: It may or may not have anything to do with the free trial. I learned that for delivery, it won't allow you to select a delivery window (express being only option for Hilo) if one has more than 40 items in the cart.

Nowhere does it talk about a 40 item limit, I discovered it by wondering why I could get a delivery last time (39 items) but not this time (45 items). By tinkering around I discovered their "secret" 40 item limit.

I even did an internet search. Nada. There is a 32 item limit on shopping from the regular walmart site (and it tells you if you try to add a 33rd item). But for delivery it's a "hidden" limit.

Still got all the things we wanted by ordering other things. Like instead of 4 separate coconut waters, buy one 4-pack. Counts as a single item. Instead of two 8-ounce cheese, one 16-ounce, etc.