Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
(11-26-2021, 10:05 PM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: “B.1.1.529 is a new lineage that has been found in Botswana that carries an unusual constellation of mutations.  Given the large number of mutations it has accumulated apparently in a single burst, it likely evolved during a chronic infection of an immunocompromised person, possibly in an untreated HIV/AIDS patient.""
Well there we go folks, The dark winter arrives. Either real, imagined or created this will most certainly bring about a global panic like nothing else. I can only imagine the crisis of supply lines and the upcoming draconian measures about to be enacted.
Meanwhile Florida. With a couple percent Higher per capita over 65 (#2 in nation ) than here.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...tes-surge/
From the reading of an armchair virologist, on how COVID variants develop:

How variants like omicron develop and what makes them variants 'of concern'

When a virus circulates widely throughout a population, as has been the case with Covid-19, however, the chances of it mutating become higher, Dr. Deepti Gurdasani, a clinical epidemiologist at Queen Mary University of London explained.
(Question: what would create a situation that allows a virus to circulate widely through a population?)

She also said that the potential risk in South Africa, given its low immunization rates and limited public health resources to curb spread, is also of particular concern.
(Question: how would low immunization rates affect the spread of COVID?)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/variants-om...n-rcna6798
Here we go! This time Covid has found the path of least resistance. I imagine this new strain has already found it's way to Pretoria and possibly even to Europe.

We could run a pool of where the next sighting will be...
Meanwhile Florida.

Not mentioned in the Breitbart article linked above, 71% of Floridians are vaccinated.  In contrast 35% of Punatics are vaccinated.

While no COVID-19 vaccine was available last year, now 15,318,838 Floridians have had at least one dose. That's 71% of total population, 83.0% of adults, 81.2% of those 12 and older, 74.% of those 5 and older.

However in 2021 overall, Florida also saw many more COVID-19 deaths. In 2020, Florida reported 18,254 COVID-19 deaths with an average of 69 per day. In 2021, Florida has reported 42,893 more deaths with an average of 117 a day for a total of 61,147.

Florida ranks the third-highest in the nation for COVID-19 deaths behind California (73,365) and Texas (72,381).
Florida also is among the top 10 states in per capita death rates from COVID-19, at 284 deaths per 100,000 people. Its rate is higher than Texas and California.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/floridas...iving-2020
What does Florida have to do with Hawaii? Someone fill me in.

Listen up folks. We have fifty states and several territories in the U.S. We are not going to be closely examining them all here regarding the pandemic.

So here forth if you bring up another state be prepared to explain why it is relevant to Hawaii.

Mahalo,
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Why was that deleted? It has everything to do with what's happening right now. Comparing how other states did compared to Hawaii is perfectly on topic. I was only adding to what had already been said.

Moderator:  Because enough is enough.  I am reeling this topic back to Hawaii and keeping it here.
Removed by moderator.
Removed by moderator.
Big group of anti vaxers at the Pahoa roundabout right now Any of you there.