Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
(05-01-2022, 07:39 AM)Deckman Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 06:30 AM)terracore Wrote: I'm not getting any channels above 13.  Are they down or is it time for me to adjust antenna?
Just checked and still have all the channels. Try a rescan before moving the antenna.

Thanks for the input. 

When I revisited OTA I found out that my channels were down to 8.  By moving the antenna I got it up to 15 channels, but still missing anything above 13.  So I have other problems.  I'll add it to my list of overdue projects to work on, but I appreciate the info.
Anyone using over the air TV not getting FOX and ABC? Been down for 2 days. Still getting CBS and PBS
Same here, lost 4s, 9, and 11s when the power flickered on the evening of 7/13.
There is legal & free internet streaming covering brand name channels.

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/
(07-15-2022, 05:27 PM)Space Karen Wrote: There is legal & free internet streaming covering brand name channels.

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/

You would need home internet service for Pluto et al.  Many OTA enthusiasts do not have that.
Posted today, Aug 9 by KITV channel 4:

ATTENTION BIG ISLAND VIEWERS: Anyone who lives in the Hilo, Keaau, Puna, Mountain View, and Hakalau areas who is having trouble receiving the KITV4 signal on your TV, please adjust your antennas and point it toward the transmitter located at Boiling Pots. Doing so will help with the signal reception.
Thanks for the update. I wasn't sure why the signal suddenly went to crap. But from my perspective, what is the difference in aim between vaguely aiming it towards Hilo and the boiling pots? Isn't it essentially the same?
(08-10-2022, 03:34 AM)terracore Wrote: I wasn't sure why the signal suddenly went to crap. 

Kneejerk reaction: blame solar flares, earth's weakening magnetic field, etc.

Has radio transmission been affected as well?
Anyone use OTA TV reception? Seems my antenna can only pick up KITV channel 4 for the last couple of days. Anyone else have this problem? I've re-scanned several times with no luck.
We've noticed missing channels the past few days, not sure when it started. I thought maybe the wind blew my antenna around!