Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Costco Decides Where To Open A New Store
(03-15-2024, 06:43 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Here’s another article about Costco’s new type of store:

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/costco-...e%20roster.
"Now, for the first time in 15 years, Costco plans to open a store solely dedicated to furniture and appliances."

And they sell coffins too!  Vampires take note.
(03-01-2024, 09:57 PM)Darnok Wrote: Costco is coming to Hilo side of Big Island  it is a matter of time. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to pay less for higher quality food?
People of Hilo side are being ripped of by ……( Malama market ,Safeway ,KTA ,Food Land ,Cost u less ,Target ,Walmart) for way to long …….change is coming 
Personally  Costco will be only store ( beside Home Depot) I will spend my hard earned money.

I like paying Safeway and Target prices for food.
For those of you on Punaweb who prefer bicker free posts, here’s an update on why Costco will probably not open a new store in Hilo in the near term. I spoke at length with “a guy” who works at Costco about the possibility of a store in Hilo.  Costco management has said when a store reaches $350,000,000 in sales per year, they look into spinning off a new location nearby.  Sales figures at individual stores are not published, but I was told that Kona “will probably” hit that number this year.

HOWEVER:
* The Kona store cannot find enough workers to fill all the open positions there, so opening in a Hilo could stretch them even thinner 
* Land - convenient, desirable location was not available last they looked into it
* Resistance - management perceives that entities in East Hawaii will create roadblocks to a new store because it would interfere with existing mom & pop stores

Costco announced today membership prices are going up.  Renew as soon as you can.  When the announcement was made after hours trading sent the stock $20-$25 per share higher.

No, I cannot reveal the name or title of my source, the information was provided in confidence.

REMEMBER:
Arrow Welcome to Costco, I love you.  (Idiocracy)
X Are you bickering?  Are you bickering?  There’s no bickering in Costco!  (Paraphrasing A League Of Their Own)
Arrow Arguing OK
X Please, remember, no wagering.
(07-10-2024, 09:30 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: ...Costco announced today membership prices are going up.  Renew as soon as you can.  When the announcement was made after hours trading sent the stock $20-$25 per share higher.
Up $5.  That's not worth bickering over.
$10 hike for Executive Members.
That’s two rotisserie chickens!
Almost 10 food court hot dogs!
You really broke the mold with that haiku Edge.
broke the mold with that haiku Edge.

When I’m in a frenzy counting and calculating in Costco $’s everything goes out the window.
I totally get that.  It's OK to bend the rules even with no valid reason.

One of my favorite things to do on a Costco run is make a brief pit stop at The Gilbert Kahele park. The fresh cool air is so nice up there.  You got me thinking about one of those hot dogs.  

It would be good to have a Costco over here and I wish they would ship to us without the added fee that takes all of the fun out of just about every deal.  Oh well, it is what it is.
Edge:

I do love haiku, but am most fond of iambic pentameter in my poetry, however, you expressed your frenzy beautifully in vers libre , reminiscent of Don Marquis' "archy and mehitabel", but with capitalization.

(i also can't help but appreciate a ribald limerick).

:-D
"When the announcement was made after hours trading sent the stock $20-$25 per share higher."

Ironically, Costco closed $2.54 per share down, however, as I type this it's at plus $22.39 per share higher on aftermarket trading. Will be interesting what happens when the market opens tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm more impressed at $350,000,000 in annual gross revenues. That's impressive.