Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting and Petition for Pesky Helicopters
quote:
REPLY to Kathy,
Thank you very much for your input.It is very valuable.I can't believe they get away with over flight disclosures on real estate paperwork!!! That means that people are signing away their rights,not knowing that their signature could be seen as an okay for the activity.This issue is even worse than I thought.I thought there was real estate laws where private property owners own their airspace,ex-parte of neccessary flights.There are also constitiutional issues here about your right to privacy and stuff.I would love for you to help me discuss this more.It effects us all!!!! There is still a way to fix this mess and we are working on it with the help of everyone,we can make a difference!!!!

KATHY This is a repost.Please give us more input it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - thunderfoot on 10/06/2007 07:54:11
Just to add to Thunderfoot's response to Kathy H's post. Thanks Kathy for the information. Is it telling that no professional realtor has posted a response to this thread.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
For me, the reason I haven't posted is because on this particular issue, I don't have a strong opinion.

Our disclosures and addendums do notify people that aircraft overflights do happen, but since it appears that it happens all over the island, we don't pretend to have information as to specific flight paths or heights. Everywhere I've lived on this island, I've heard and seen various types of aircraft. I always tell people (if its an area where I haven't lived) to talk to the community association or people that live there to find out more. I don't pretend to be an expert in FAA rules and regs or tour/DEA flight patterns or habits. And what they are signing is only notification that it currently happens, not "consent".

If Thunderfoot is successful in getting things changed, maybe we won't have to do that anymore. Like I said, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

John Dirgo, R, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.hawaiirealproperty.com
John Dirgo, R, PB, EcoBroker, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.alohacoastrealty.com
http://www.bigislandvacationrentals.com
http://www.maui-vacation-rentals.com
Thanks Meala l and jdirgo.
I really appreciate the knowledge of a realator on that aspect.I was really curious about it.You answered my question perfectly.And you don't have to have a strong opinion to leave comments about this important issue.I encourage everyone's comments whether they are supportive,oppositional or neutral.That is the beauty of having this forum for all of us to converse in.I hope this inspires others to come out of the woodwork and join us in this discussion.

Edited by - thunderfoot on 10/06/2007 16:23:05
Thank you John for tuning in on this. I do know how to do a non disclosure and not have divulge this info, but just was curious why a professional hadn't posted to the issue, as many responses to other issues. You're swell and a good sport to bout! Mahalo.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Well this topic just keeps getting more interesting.Even though the real estate angle may not be as grave as as some of the other issues mentioned,it does concern me.I just bought a lot in Eden Roc and was not told about the problem at all.This is just insane.

so much....and so little time
so much....and so little time
Thanks again for all your comments.Yes,pilots being rude, property values and disclosures,as far as the real estate perspective goes on the overflight issue,are important issues;but there is more.Don't property owners own they airspace?
Also,they are trespassing and violating privacy by video taping;then selling it to the tourists!!!! This is just another point that I wanted to mention.

Since I have business on the mainland as well as the Big Island, I spend time in both places. In addition to the buzzing of my residence on the Big Island by the helicopters, I've experienced the same problem .. less frequently ... in the canyon where I lived for 20 years in the mountains of southern California (in the San Bernardino National Forest).
This is a problem not only in the Islands, but anywhere the tourists want to get a closer look of an area.
It has rattled my windows, frightened my animals, and the noise completely obscured sound from the phone, tv, and radio.
I've also experienced the same issue when visiting various National Parks.
This is a Nation-wide issue.

Terra S. Robertson
Dancingsong Woman
Those helicopters drive me crazy!

I am seriously considering taking up rocketry as a hobby. Hmmm. Maybe start a club. Maybe start a business selling rocketry supplies. Wonder if there might be any interest...
Sell BIG rockets and provide the necessary forms for club members to file with the FAA. Perhaps dozens of launches daily... Hmmmm.

Perhaps the Helicopter Companies should be invited to send representatives to present their side of the issue at the meeting. Think they would show up?

Perhaps they should be forwarded this thread.

By the way, I was told that the flyway through upper Puna is that undeveloped strip between Fern Forest and Eden Roc

Rock On CAOA!

Get on board, Helicopter Companies and clean up your acts!

Dan

I may have bad info or wrong location. Could it be between Eden Roc and Fern Acres?