Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Be The Safest Community in Wherever?
A 1% tax increase? Property values just dropped 25% or more. I am guessing the county will be raising the tax rates more then 1% already, more like 10%

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
One of the best crime prevention methods is visibility, buy some marked units and use them. The use of private vehicles as police units is backward at best.
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool
The privately owned vehicles also put a radio, eyes & ears on the road anytime they're driven, on or off duty. Marked vehicles are helpful for traffic deterrent, but put a patrol car in the spotlight for crooks,who know he can't be everywhere at once, that's why the crooks use lookouts.

A marked vehicle reproduced as a plastic blowup figure and parked on the roadside would do as much good as a marked vehicle. Mabe put 2 blowups on each side of 130, with one unmarked shooting radar randomly 1/4 mile after the fake car, let him get back to speed. Be a life saving revenue enhancer, and free up the cops.
Gordon J Tilley
I have long favored sting operations. Plant some bait building materials with a GPS homing device and then follow the stolen goods to their location. Let the word get out that there are now sting tracking operations underway and the dummies won't know what to do.... the real dumb ones will get caught and be taken out of the community for a while... these guys are not too smart but the police need to be pushed to become proactive on theft. Pushed means a concerted effortby a lot of people - community activism.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob, those who make the laws would call that entrapment I believe. Many of the problems we have are because of the touchy feely laws we've embraced. Many of the tools the police used were taken away to assauge criminals rights. Imagine making a big arrest and find the perp is a juvinile who laughs at you on the street the next day.

Good video however is a sticker if closley monitered.
Gordon J Tilley
gtill,

I think you believe wrong. Stings have been used in law enforcement successfully for ages.
It just takes budget and a motivated Police Chief.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
It's entrapment only if you encourage someone to do something they wern't already inclined to do.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Neighborhoods with strong community watches do well in reducing crime.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson