Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do we live(or come)here?
sorry to hear that you're leaving, islandlvng. you sure did set this topic on fire! you got a lot of reads and responses even though some members found the subject line offensive, provocative, negative, disorganized and/or hard to read.

i remember when i was in my 20s - 30s and all fired up. took the bull by its horns, i did. now in my 40s, and after helping to care for my partner's mother for many years (she had alzheimer's disease), i'm taking a break. the spark is still there, just a little dimmer. i'll take up a cause, just don't know what or when that will be.

good luck to you!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I think it would be nice if you got over it. [Wink]
and I will get over having you tell me
quote:
kathy. you seem to not be able to understand things to well.
Which is not exactly polite. Or accurate.
centipede, nice you mention that. Many people on the planet have no idea how brutal and barbaric the Japanese were to other Asian cultures including the Filipinos on their conquest to take over the world. It is a great thing that the Japanese did not occupy Hawaii.

Best!
BobH
Best!
BobH
LOL @ this....
you could change the word "Japanese" to "united states" and "Asian" to "middle eastern"

except well for that last sentence.... the united states is occupying...

808blogger, your posting is a bit choppy but you seem to beating the same old "Hate America" drum with a tin pot and metal spoon.
I dont hate america. but to not look at this government with reality and beat the "America is Exceptional" drum is just the same. for example america has more people total and per capita in prison than any country in the rest of the world. under the state of hawaii, prisoners are sent overseas to private prisons in other states preventing them from even basic access to family. Hawaii was also stolen, maybe the buck keeps getting passed down the lowest level.

i wrote:

the united states is occupying...

to relate to this:

It is a great thing that the Japanese did not occupy Hawaii.

808, do you have any idea what the japanese did to the Filipino people over a 4 year period in ww2? You apparently are not educated about it enough or you would not compare the United States to Japan. My wifes family survied it and I'm educated about it. I know what happened!

Best!
BobH
Best!
BobH

So sorry to disturb. DO not disturb, I agree.

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Now, now folks. It's not required or especially desired to take every given opportunity for one's nose to get out of joint or engage is verbal battle.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I'm very aware. Should we list attrocities to compare?

manzanar? Do 2 atomic bombs count? Or maybe the surge in Iraq? Or gitmo?

My point is the USA gov is no diff than anyother

nothing quite like killing in "the name of freedom"

Moderator: If you want to debate world atrocities take it somewhere else.