Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopter Flights Over Hawaii Petition
It's the "trickle-down" theory: the helicopter pilots eventually spend that money in our local economy, and the State will eventually send us a tiny portion of the excise taxes involved. Like climbing a tall ladder to urinate on those below. Trickle-down.

I think the money could be better spent on pig eradication and road repair, especially since the Big Island is supposed to grow all those crops to feed Oahu. At least that's what the Governor said, but his lips were moving at the time, so who knows if he really meant it.

After all, the problem isn't the helicopters; it's the people who complain about the helicopters -- "those people" obviously have something to hide, or they would sit down and shut up like good little consumers. Go back inside and turn on your television, nice and loud so you can hear the commercials over the helicopters.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

After all, the problem isn't the helicopters; it's the people who complain about the helicopters -- "those people" obviously have something to hide, or they would sit down and shut up like good little consumers. Go back inside and turn on your television, nice and loud so you can hear the commercials over the helicopters.

If the problem isn't the helicopters (for you), why are you on this thread??

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
That trickle down thing has not worked so well in the past.
I agree on the roads part. Although my subdivision wouldn't see a dime of that because we have "private" roads supposedly. If that is true though, you should not be getting any speeding tickets on the road, which happens often enough. Pig eradication would be easy enough I would think. Give out free snares like the electric company gives out free trees. Problem solved.
I don't have a damn thing to hide. I don't want a helicopter that is flying waaaaaay to low falling down on my house or in my yard. Who the hell would you sue to get compensated? The federal gov? Good luck with that! I don't want to feel the breeze from the damn propellers. Like I just said earlier, there are ways to locate the drugs without driving everyone nuts. And where do the drugs go? They take them to Colorado and sell them? All you see is them taking drugs away, not where they are going. Why can't the public go witness it being destroyed or whatever?
My neighbor has taken to walking around naked, I'm not young anymore, maybe I should do the same. A few eyefulls of me and maybe they will go away[Big Grin]

So someone just told me something I have a hard time believing. If you put up a weather balloon for a science experiment, you have to report it. You have to report it so they can tell helicopters not to fly too low in that area because they may become entangled in the cord. I'm going to try to get some more info on this. My kids would get a kick out of it anyway. Let's get into some science. Maybe I can annoy the DEA as much as they like to annoy me AND learn something at the same time.
quote:
Originally posted by rainshadow

quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

If the problem isn't the helicopters (for you), why are you on this thread??

-- rainshadow

You're right -- I probably have better things to do with my time.

That said, the helicopters are a symptom, not the root cause.
Its pretty annoying in Orchidland some days, they seem to fly right across the middle of the subdivision. By design probably, less population mitigates influence. I like helos, (some) tourists and jobs but don't financially benefit from any of them so my vote is fly higher and offer free flights to the locals :-)

Aloha b.b.
Aloha b.b.