Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Seen any good movies lately?
(05-04-2022, 06:59 AM)AaronM Wrote: Come Hell or High Water for a modern western
Outstanding, as one would expect from a Jeff Bridges film.  
For an old fashioned Western, he's in another winner:True Grit.
Magnum PI (Amazon Prime, FreeVee, Se 1 Ep 8) stumbles across someones weed patch out in the banana field

… and tries to play it cool brah…

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The latest Star Trek series has premiered - Strange New Worlds.
The first episode is available to watch free on You Tube.
It’s good.
If you have Roku you can watch it on the big screen from the YouTube channel app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmumGjQanZs
I've been enjoying Picard as well.
I'm not a fan of sci-fi but will admit I enjoyed the first episode of Strange New Worlds. The second episode was fun but just watched the third and wasn't so impressed. As for Picard, the first series was OK although I'll admit I didn't watch every episode, for me, the latest season is just too draining for someone who doesn't know the history all that well.
Tom, I would have assumed that you were an old Doctor Who fan like myself.

I'm surprised you're not a sci-fi fan.

I learn something new every day I log onto Punaweb.
(05-23-2022, 12:20 AM)terracore Wrote: Tom, I would have assumed that you were an old Doctor Who fan like myself.

I'm surprised you're not a sci-fi fan.

I learn something new every day I log onto Punaweb.

Probably more into sci-fact.  Wink
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
I prefer the term sci-reality!
One of the early writers for Dr Who, Ben Aaronovitch, has written a book series you might enjoy, " Rivers of London ". The reviews call it a cross between Harry Potter and CSI. It is full of dry wit, with skewed but accurate views of almost everything to do with policing, London architecture, and of course, the physics of magical forces as laid down by Sir Isaac Newton... Like many series, the first 3 / 4 are better than the later ones, written to fulfill the publisher's contract signed once the series became popular. The library system has both e-book and paper versions.
Let me know when it's on Netflix!