Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Seen any good movies lately?
Saw that. I agree, good movie.
If you liked ‘90’s comedy, all 5 seasons of News Radio are now on the Roku Channel.
It was one of my favorites, with a cast including the late great Phil Hartman and:

Dave Foley · Stephen Root · Andy Dick · Maura Tierney · Vicki Lewis · Joe Rogan · Khandi Alexander · Phil Hartman · Jon Lovitz · Mike Post · Ian Dye.
On Netflix
Winter On Fire

Documentary on the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.  Good background information on what led up to events there today.
88% on Rotten Tomatoes
8.3 on IMdB
We went to the Palace Theater in Hilo a few times recently. I suggest st Belfast. I think a few Oscars may be coming.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
iʻm a regular at the Palace. I love the Church of the Sacred Pixel, especially since now we can take communion again (popcorn). Best movie I saw all year was The Power of the Dog, now available thru Netflix I believe.
Certainty will be the death of us.
We also saw the remake of Nightmare Alley recently at the Palace. Another good movie. I just finished watching Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Albert Phinney, Ethan Hawke, Seymore Phillip Duncan, Marisa Tomei. Free online at IMDB.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
(03-11-2022, 02:45 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: On Netflix
Winter On Fire

Documentary on the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.  Good background information on what led up to events there today.
88% on Rotten Tomatoes
8.3 on IMdB
Thanks for the tip.  Hulu has Two Men at War, a documentary profiling Putin and Zelensky that I found interesting.
Sounds like an interesting documentary, Zelensky seems like a funny comedian.
Zelensky comedy
(03-11-2022, 03:57 AM)birdmove Wrote: We went to the Palace Theater in Hilo a few times recently. I suggest st Belfast. I think a few Oscars may be coming.

Belfast is superb. I highly recommend it. I might be a little biased as half my extended family are Irish Catholics and come from Belfast, but the movie is fantastic.
Netflix has their finger on the pulse.  They added Servant of the People, the Ukrainian comedy starring Volodymyr Zelenskyy (now President Zelenskyy).