Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astronomy in Hawaii Pau?
"Taking the piss" is a euphemism in UK English ... is that you, Graham?
(05-15-2022, 05:52 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 04:08 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: I am so sorry for the confusion Tom, it is for sure time for you to go back to the UK, the telescopes are pau. Also try get off Punaweb too.
He's not confused.    On Punaweb for two months and already have demanded two longtime members "go home"?   

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Bickering is to be expected, but this is beyond the pale.

On Punaweb for much more than two months.  Like a phoenix, rising from the ashes of an abandoned alter-ego.
(05-15-2022, 04:08 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: I am so sorry for the confusion Tom, it is for sure time for you to go back to the UK, the telescopes are pau. Also try get off Punaweb too.

So please tell us, coherently, why the telescopes are pau.

(05-16-2022, 01:13 AM)AaronM Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 05:52 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
He's not confused.    On Punaweb for two months and already have demanded two longtime members "go home"?   

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Bickering is to be expected, but this is beyond the pale.

On Punaweb for much more than two months.  Like a phoenix, rising from the ashes of an abandoned alter-ego.

Durian Fiend was talking about HawaiiEV, not you.
"Like a phoenix, rising from the ashes of an abandoned alter-ego."

Why? I've been on here since 2014 and never saw a reason to delete my profile and start a new one. Heck, I even went to great lengths to preserve and transfer my name to the "new" Punaweb.
Yes Chas, But if everyone did that then we'd never get to play 'guess the sock puppet'.
So I guess we won't be given an opinion on why the telescopes are pau. I thought this was the subject of the thread.
I read an article on how scientists can split a laser beam into two entangled components, and monitor one beam to determine the other's status no matter how far away it terminates. So I think in maybe 50 years we'll be napping the surfaces of exoplanets with quantum entanglement and won't need telescopes anymore. I don't think that was OP's point tho... Smile
It looks to me like the subject should have been " Let's bash TomK"