Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Seen any good movies lately?
Saw the Unbearable weight of massive talent yesterday at the theatre and it was very enjoyable and funny. Love seeing Nick cage play the self aware over the top roll.
The Laundromat. A light hearted look at the Panama Papers and the shell company games that go on in this world.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Everything Everywhere All At Once, now playing through Tues. at the Palace Theater. Mind-blowing, genre-defying, non-stop hilarity.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Appreciate the tip, that looks like a good movie.
(05-01-2022, 08:42 PM)kalianna Wrote: Everything Everywhere All At Once, now playing through Tues. at the Palace Theater.  Mind-blowing, genre-defying, non-stop hilarity.
 at the Palace Theater”

yes, what a wonderful, old fashioned theatre.  We are lucky it’s been preserved!  Some of my favorite memories...

Ccat

(03-12-2022, 07:51 AM)birdmove Wrote: We also saw the remake of Nightmare Alley recently at the Palace.  Another good movie. I just finished watching Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Albert Phinney, Ethan Hawke, Seymore Phillip Duncan, Marisa Tomei. Free online at IMDB.

"Before the Devil" has a nice rating.  Will check it out.  I didn't know you can watch movies free at IMDB.  Do you create an account and login to stream it?

For lovers of Westerns,  "Old Henry" came out last year.  Enjoyed it immensely last night.  Another strong Western is "The Sisters Brothers" made 4 years ago.  Highly recommended.
(05-01-2022, 08:42 PM)kalianna Wrote: Everything Everywhere All At Once, now playing through Tues. at the Palace Theater.  Mind-blowing, genre-defying, non-stop hilarity.
It seems most people really like it, but a few really dislike.  I'm one of the latter.
Come Hell or High Water for a modern western
Sonic 2

At the theatre, we saw part of and left before it was over.  Discombobulated and confused.  Ugh!  Suited for a 5 year old.

“What the film lacks in coherence, it makes up for in humor and speedy action sequences. “

Yep.  An incoherent bunch of gags.  An animated computer game.

(Yeah, I know we’re fuddy duddy, older adults who don’t play computer games.  Others may differ.)

Ccat
I believe the target audience for the Sonic films is 3-12, so don't feel bad Ccat.